Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Net2Max is in my good books

I've been using Net2Max for a couple of months now and I've been pretty happy with it. It's not exactly user friendly but once you understand the basics it does the job better and cheaper than everything else I've tried.

My business number runs on the system. I just chose the country and state I wanted the number to be associated with and connected it to my Net2Max and account and voila - I've got a business number. I've connected this number to a PABX system that I configured on Net2Max to do call routing exactly how I want. For the most part it goes to my voicemail box. Messages that are left get emailed to me immediately, and since I'm almost always online I can check them immediately.

If my business ever wants to expand or have a presence in another state or country, I can easily select a local presence number in just about every significant country. All the calls get routed back to my account.

Alternatively I can can configure any voip phone to receive calls for this number, of my skype account if I so wish. It's extremely versatile. I've got a Belkin VOIP router at home, I've got four standard phone ports in the back. One port is configured for my home phone number, the 2nd port is configured to my business number. During the evening, I plugin my wireless handset into port 1. During the day, if I'm working from my home office, I plug the handset into port 2 and switch off the voicemail.

All that flexibility is very useful and it comes at a reasonable price too. I'm currently spending about $3.00 Australian a month on business calls, the business number rental, voicemail and the pabx. I don't know how they do it so cheap. Best of all I think is the complete control I have over everything. I don't have to call up some dope on the phone and ask them to change the configuration of anything, it's all handled through a website online that I can login to from anywhere.

For me calling up is one of the last things I like to do, so this a huge plus to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment